15 November 2010

My feelings to the project

After tomorrow, when the blog is due, there is only one step left for this atomic bomb cinema course! Times really flies.  Adding in subtitles was a brand new experience for me, started from installing the software, then go on to the online manual to get started.  At first, I really had some difficulties in inserting the subtitles because the old and new files overlapped with each other.  But the problem was solved very soon.  The process was really time-consuming as I have to match the speaking duration of the actors and actress with the appearing-time of the subtitles.  In the past , I  have only learned to translate subtitles, I never realized that making subtitles needs so much patience and attentiveness.  I even intended to finish the whole film myself.  But since I still have other courses' work to do, it is impossible for me to finish it alone, so I sought help from Yup.  It took him a long time to finish as well because he encountered other technical problems.  Although the process was not smooth, both of us had learned a lot, and as Yup said on the presentation," maybe we can apply a part-time job on inserting subtitles." 

And for the blog, actually posting a new entry is not a difficult job because I used to have a blog on blogger as well.  But what makes it difficult is that there aren't much information and review about 'Ashita' available on the internet.  What I can find is only some very short review and mostly making a summary of the film.   Therefore, I decided to write one all on my own by referring to the previous lectures, and I realized me and my fellow groupmates have some common viewpoints.  Probably we should post our reviews to various film website so that more people can share our ideas when they search about 'Ashita'.  Another time-consuming job was to edit the web links, so that they appears as a word rather than an URL.  Since this is the final week of the quarter, all my groupmates are too busy with their reports and exams that they cannot afford the time to edit their links, so I simply gave them a hand and edited everything.  

Last but not least, THANK YOU Professor Progler! I really learned a lot in this course, from now  on when I watch movie, I will pay attention to the special effects, music and other stuff, rather than just the storyline. 

1 comment:

  1. Im going to add some more links on my post by dead line but thanks for creating links on IMDb.
    And I really thank you for all the work you did for the project.... we couldnt have done this without you.

    ReplyDelete